Cartier Paris "Le Must" Ladies Tank Watch Manual Wind 18K Gold -Vintage (ca. 1980)
Few names symbolize luxury and style like Cartier, and the Tank watch represents the company's classic ideal. Even those who don’t know it by name know the Cartier Tank. It’s one of the most recognizable, elegant, iconic and imitated watches ever made, but it owes its significance to more than a just great design.
The Tank is known to have came into being in 1917, but there were just a few examples made, and legend has it they were given to General John Pershing of the American Expeditionary Force and his officers.
By the 1920s, the Tank was well established, to the extent that watches of a similar style by other companies even were sometimes even also called “Tank” in blatant tribute to Cartier. Many decades later it was still, for Andy Warhol, simply “the watch to wear” — the celebrities and notable figures associated with the Tank are too numerous to mention. Indeed, it remains one of Cartier’s flagship products.
Please see high resolution photos for condition.. some scratches are noticeable, but hard to see with the naked eye.
Free Domestic Shipping With Insurance Included
Learn More About Our Standard Buy With Confidence PolicyDetails
- Brand - Cartier
- Model/Style - The Tank
- Movement - Manual Wind ETA 2512-1
- Year - (ca. 1980)
- Condition - Fine Click Here To Learn More About Watch Conditions & Warranty
- Scope of Delivery - Original box, no original papers
- Gender - Ladies watch
- Case Material- 18K Gold
- Bracelet Material - Lizart
- Case Diameter - 28mm at Lugs x 21 mm not including crown
- Water Resistance - Not water resistant
- *pre-owned watches not guaranteed waterproof unless otherwise explicitly stated
- Dial Numerals - Roman
- Bracelet Color - Black
- Clasp - Buckle
- Clasp Material - 18K Yellow Gold